Our Philosophy

Biofarm Organics was born with a holistic mindset in raising livestock.

For those of you that aren’t familiar with this system, holistic management is a method of treating the land in a way that mirrors nature. By employing less artificial inputs and actions, the land and animals will preserve its vitality. Other advantages include increased microbe activity, organic matter, and water-holding capacity in the soil.

We combine modern technology and many environmentalism efforts to raise our animals in a healthy and sustainable way. We provide fresh pasture for our chickens and turkeys to roam during the day and shelters for protection against predators during the night. This verdant field allows them to flourish in their natural environment, encouraging habitual and standard behavior. We also supplement their diet with fresh grass that is free from pesticides and chemicals to enhance an organism’s fitness.

We also practice a rotational grazing system in which we alter the regions of grassland they graze on so that excess ammonia doesn’t accumulate in the soil. Everyday, their coops are moved to a fresh new area of pasture, allowing them graze without exhausting the grass to its roots. By doing so, they won’t return to the same paddock for about 6-7 weeks, which gives the grass time to regrow and replenish its nutrients. Their manure acts as the perfect fertilizer, returning the indispensable nitrogen back to the soil. Although the work may be tedious on the daily basis, it is well worth the results that are apparent in the vigor, taste, and quality of eggs and meat our animals provide. More specifically, our birds, chickens, and turkeys all exhibit richer Omega 3 fatty acids and other nutrients compared to animals that were cultivated in cages.

Our flock gets approximately 30% of their diet from fresh grass and the other 70% comes from a high-quality organic, non-GMO, non-medicated diet with varying concentrations of protein according to their species and weight. We feed our animals New Country Organics. This nutrition is soy-free and does not contain growth hormones. It supports a balanced diet consisting of calcium and phosphorous to support the development of strong bones, DHA to help support brain development, and antioxidant Vitamin E to help keep defenses strong against everyday challenges. As a local family business participating in this community, we really do our best to treat our animals with the love and the respect they deserve…the way God intended!

Our flock gets approximately 30% of their diet from fresh grass and the other 70% comes from a high-quality 100% Certified Organic, non-GMO and Soy-Free Feed.Biofarm Organics
fresh grass, no-GMO